Friday, april 07, 2000
The following is taken from a Nepalese mantra.
Youíll find it to be worth reading and worth sharing:
I N S T R U C T I O N S F O R L I F E
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Memorise your favourite poem.
- Donít believe all you hear, spend all you have, or loaf
- When you say, ďI love you,Ē mean it.
- When you say, ďIím sorry,Ē look the person in the eye.
- Believe in love at first sight.
- Never laugh at anyoneís dreams. People who donít have
dreams donít have much.
- Love deeply and passionately. You may get hurt, but itís
the only way to live life completely.10. In disagreements, fight
fairly. No name calling.
- Donít judge people by their relatives, or by the life they
were born into.
- Teach yourself to speak slowly but think quickly.
- When someone asks you a question you donít want to answer,
smile and ďWhy do you want to know?Ē
- Take into account that great love and great achievements
involve great risk.
- Call your mother.
- Say, ďbless youĒ when you hear someone sneeze.
- When you lose, donít lose the lesson.
- Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, Respect for others,
Responsibility for all your actions.
- Donít let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realise youíve made a mistake, take immediate steps
to correct it.
- Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear
it in your voice.
- Marry a person you love to talk to. As you get older,
his/her conversational skills will be even more important.
- Spend some time alone.
- Open your arms to change, but donít let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Read more books. Television is no substitute.
- Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and
think back, youíll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- Trust in God but lock your car.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your
life. Do all you can to create a tranquil, harmonious
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current
situation. Donít bring up the past.
- Donít just listen to what someone is saying. Listen
to why they are saying it.
- Share your knowledge. Itís a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Pray or meditate. Thereís immeasurable power in it.
- Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
- Mind your own business.
- Donít trust anyone who doesnít close his/her eyes when you
- Once a year, go someplace youíve never been before.
- If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others
while you are living. It is wealthís greatest satisfaction.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful
stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your
love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to
- Live with the knowledge that your character is your destiny.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
your comments or suggestions to email@example.com